Using a building dryer is recommended in the event of damage caused by extinguishing water. Not only will the fire itself have caused significant damage to your home, but also the fire-fighting can be cause of permanent damage. The moisture that is left over after extinguishing a fire will have to be dried out. A building dryer is an effective solution to restore air humidity to normal levels.
A fire invariably involves the release of noxious fumes. When polyvinyl chloride as found in computers, plastics and insulating materials, is burned, it will release hydrochloric acid. PVC may react with other substances to produce oxidising substances. Building dryers in combination with fans can be used to quickly restore relative humidity in the house to normal levels. A building dryer prevents the rapid spreading of noxious fumes.
That is why it is crucial to deploy building dryers after the fire has been extinguished. They will dehumidify your home and nip any corrosion in the bud. Corrosion can occur when the hydrochloric acid vapour left over in the air after a fire, reacts with metal surfaces in your home, such as the surface of a washing machine. Hiring a building dryer is recommended in order to minimise the restoration costs. The longer you wait to install building dryers, the greater the spread of oxidising substances and the higher the restoration costs.
Drying your home after a fire is therefore not a luxury but an absolute necessity. A house fire will significantly change the composition of the air and cause the air humidity in the home to increase considerably. The moisture left over from extinguishing the fire will begin to evaporate and can cause fungi to grow in the short term. That is why it is advisable to dehumidify your home with a building dryer as soon as possible. A building dryer will help you prevent further fire damage.